Wednesday 3 January 2018

Minor - Character Rig Body Controls Set Up

I have created the controls for the body of my character to allow me to easily move him around. Originally I was planning on using an IK/FK switch with the arms but whenever I created it on the right arm this would cause the hand to flip 90 degrees. I repeated the process several times and looked over my joints and rig set up but could not find the reasoning for the flip. So I decided to go with the standard arm controls that I have used previously. Also as I was working on the spine bend I noticed my ribbon spine had broke again. I had to create a new ribbon spine as I was again unaware as to why the original one broke, making it difficult to fix. But this caused issues with skinning due to new spine, Maya did not recognise the joints when it keeps the history for unbinding, so would not let me bind to the skin with this history. But after a bit of research and looking into the different skinning tools, I found the export skin weights tool worked for what I needed. It managed to keep the skin weights for the rest of the body, meaning I only had to re skin the three joints in the spine, rather than the whole character. I will now go on to create a rig for the head to allow that to move, an eye look rig with blink functionality, before going on to texture the character and adding the 2d facial rig.





No comments:

Post a Comment